STUDENTS AND PARENTS ARE INFORMED THAT RAGGING IS BANNED AND SHALL BE CONSIDERED AS A SERIOUS OFFENCE WHICH WILL ATTRACT SEVERE PUNISHMENT.
Ragging is strictly prohibited in Athalye Sapre Pite College premises and outside. Students indulging in ragging will be punished as per the “MAHARASHTRA PROHIBITION OF RAGGING ACT, 1999” published in Maharashtra Govt. Gazette on 15 th May 1999 and UGC’s “CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS (THIRD AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS, 2016
WHAT IS RAGGING?
Any Act Resulting in: Mental/Physical/Sexual Abuse, Verbal Abuse, Indecent Behaviour, Criminal Intimidation, Wrongful Restraint, Undermining Human Dignity, Financial Exploitation/Extortion, Use of Force etc.
A STUDENT INDULGING IN RAGGING CAN BE;
• Expelled from the Institution
• Banned from the hostel
• His/Her Scholarship can be withdrawn
• Debarred from Examinations
• Denied Admission to any Institution
• Prosecuted for Criminal Action
• Face action of institution filing FIR with local police against those who rag/abet ragging
Q: What is ragging?
1. Any disorderly conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or a junior student.
2. Indulging in a rowdy or undisciplined activities which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in a fresher or a junior student.
3. Asking the students to do any act or perform something which such student will not do in the ordinary course and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of a fresher or a junior student.
Q: Why would anyone indulge in ragging?
1. To derive a sadistic pleasure
2. To show off power, authority or superiority over juniors or freshers.
Q: Is some form of ragging good?
No. Ragging, in any form, is a reprehensible act which does no good to anyone. Every act of ragging, major or minor, is beyond the limits of decency, morality and humanity. Civilised societies across the world are doing away with this nefarious practice.
Q: Why does ragging still exist?
1. Earlier, public opinion against ragging was not as strong as it is now.
2. It was not clearly defined what ragging is.
3. Earlier, the concern was limited to violent form of ragging and other forms were considered tolerable, even desirable. This is not the case now.
Q: What is ‘zero tolerance’ policy?
No act of ragging, major or minor, shall go unnoticed. No ragger, male or female, student or non-student, shall go unpunished. No institution that fails to take action against ragging shall be allowed to operate.
Q: Who will implement this policy?
Everyone concerned, specially:
1. The heads of the educational institutions.
2. The State Government, through Divisional Commissioners.
3. The opinion makers.
Q: How can we exterminate this evil practice?
By exercise of the disciplinary authority of the teachers over the students and of the management of the institutions over the teachers and students. No effort should be made to minimize the number of ‘reported cases’. Reporting is to be encouraged through all available means. Anti-ragging movement should be initiated by the institutions right from the time of advertisement for admissions. The prospectus, the form for admission and/or any other literature issued to the aspirants for admission must clearly mention that ragging is banned in the institution and anyone indulging in ragging is likely to receive deterrent punishment.
Committee and Other Details
We have Zero Tolerance Policy for Ragging
SAY NO TO RAGGING DON’T BE A MUTE SPECTATOR TO RAGGING
REPORT RAGGING INCIDENTS IMMEDIATELY
Contact AntiRagging Committee or any teacher.
Anti Ragging and General Discipline Committee
Prof. Sanjay Takalkar
Dr. L.B. Patil
Dr. Sagar Sankpal
Prof. Snehalata Pujari
Dr. Meera Kale
For Any Complaints contact on- 02354260058
You can also email your complaints on email@example.com
National Anti Ragging Help Line (UGC Crisis Hotline)
24x7 Toll Free Number* 1800-180-5522
Link of Website
Videos on ragging Website link